Honey Glazed Ham Recipe
|Honey Glazed Ham Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 7 kg leg of Ham
- 125 gm Brown Sugar
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 1- 1½ tsp Mixed Spice
- I tbsp English Mustard
- Cloves for garnishing
How to make Honey Glazed Ham:
- Soak the ham in cold water for around 12 hours. While soaking remember to change the water at least once.
- Set the oven to 315°F. Place long aluminium foil in roasting pan to cover up the ham when it will be placed on the foil.
- Wash and dry the ham. Keep it in the roasting pan on the foil, and then cover it up from four sides. Ham should be properly packed within the foil.
- Bake the ham for around 4hrs 10 min or till it is cooked.
- Peel off the skin of baked ham but layer of fat should not be parted. Make zigzag on the fat to give it diamond shape.
- Take out the juices from the pan and keep aside, can be used as stock.
- Mix brown sugar, honey, mixed spice & english mustard to make honey glaze, then spread the mixture on the ham.
- Set clove in the center of each diamond and roast it again for another 30 min till golden brown or it is cooked.