Honey Pie from Sifnos Recipe
|Honey Pie from Sifnos Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||50 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1¾ cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- ½ cup Butter (cut into small pieces)
- ¼ cup Cold Water
- 4 Eggs
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- 1 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Cinnamon (ground, divided)
- ¼ cup Thyme Honey
- 1 (16 ounce) container Ricotta Cheese
How to make Honey Pie from Sifnos:
- Combine together all-purpose flour with white sugar, in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter pieces and mix till the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Add water, one tablespoon at a time, till the dough is no longer dry.
- Work the dough to form a ball.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Remove the dough and roll out on a floured surface, to form a 10-inch circle.
- Place the rolled dough on the pie pan and trim off the excess dough from the edges.
- Pierce the bottom of the dough with a fork several times.
- Take a large bowl and beat the eggs till they form soft peaks.
- Add white sugar, flour and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon. Beat the mixture well, to form firm peaks.
- Add honey and ricotta cheese. Stir to combine evenly.
- Pour the filling over the pie shell.
- Bake the pie for about 50 to 60 minutes, until the top turns dark golden brown.
- Remove the pie form the oven and sprinkle the remaining ¼ tsp cinnamon on top.
- Cut into slices & serve.