Photo Credit: http://jonoandjules.com/2012/04/24/salata-horiatiki-aka-greek-salad/
||20 Minutes |
- 3 medium Tomatoes
- 1-2 small Cucumbers
- 1 small Red Onion
- 20 Black Olives (or as required)
- 200-300 g Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1/3 cup Greek extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp Capers
- Vinegar (as required)
How to make Horiatiki:
- Wash the tomatoes and cucumbers. Dry them.
- Slice or chop the tomatoes in bite-size pieces.
- Peel the onions, wash, and cut into thin slivers.
- Slice the cucumbers into thick roundels.
- Combine them in a large bowl.
- Add olives, feta cheese, and capers.
- Sprinkle salt and oregano.
- Drizzle olive oil and vinegar. Toss to mix all the ingredients.
- Chill and serve.