Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.mapsofindia.com/my-india/food/hyderabadi-mutton-dum-biryani
|Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani Recipe|
||6.2 / 10 (26 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 1 kg Rice
- 1 kg Mutton
- 10 gm Cardamom
- 10 gm Cinnamon
- 10 gm Cumin Seeds
- 10 gm Cloves
- 40 gm Ginger
- 20 gm Garlic
- 100 gm Green Chilies
- 50 gm fried Onion
- 1 bunch Coriander Leaves
- 1 bunch Pudina Leaves
- 1/4 cup Yogurt
- 1/4 kg Ghee
How to make Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani:
- Wash mutton and keep it aside in a vessel.
- Grind green chilies, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, cumin seeds, cloves, fried onion, coriander leaves, and pudina leaves together. Add this mixture to the meat.
- Add yogurt and mix the ingredients thoroughly. Leave aside for half an hour.
- Heat the oil which you had used to fry onions in a cooker.
- Add the marinated mutton and cook for 4-5 whistles. Henceforth, lower the flame and cook for 5 minutes.
- Boil 2 liters of water in a vessel and add rice.
- Take out semi-cooked rice from the vessel and spread it on the meat and spices mixture, to form a layer.
- Combine one cup of boiled water with 1/4 kg ghee. Pour over the rice.
- Place a plate on the vessel and seal its edges with kneaded dough.
- Cook for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Turn off the heat and leave the biryani for 15 minutes, after which it will be ready to be served.