Indian Mee Goreng Recipe
|Indian Mee Goreng Recipe|
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
- 1/2 lb Boneless mutton
- 1 lb Yellow egg or chow mein noodles
- 1/2 Cup ghee or vegetable oil
- 1 Yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Black pepper to taste
- A pinch of sugar
- 3 Cups bean sprouts
- 2 Potatoes, peeled, boiled, halved, cut into small thick slices and tossed in 1/2 tsp chili powder and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Light soy sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 Fried bean curd cake, sliced
- 2 Cups lettuce, chopped for garnish
- 2-3 Red serrano chilies, sliced for garnish
- 3-4 Limau kasturi or kalamansi lime, cut into halves
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Juice of 3 to 4 limau kasturi or 1 kaffir lime
- 10 Shallots, thinly sliced, fried golden brown for garnish
Seasoning Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Or to taste, chili powder
How to make Indian Mee Goreng:
- Slice mutton and marinate for about 20 minutes with light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, black pepper and sugar.
- Heat wok, preferably a cast iron wok to smoking hot and add ghee or oil.
- Combine onions with it, stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Add marinated mutton and stir-fry briefly remove mutton, keep aside.
- Combine turmeric powder, chili powder, tomato ketchup and soy sauce with 1 tbsp water, mix well.
- Add this to wok, bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and stir-fry thoroughly to coat noodles with sauce.
- Mix bean sprouts, salt, potatoes and fried bead curd with it
- Push mee or noodles to sides of the wok and add a little oil, pour in the beaten eggs.
- Now cover with mee and leave it to set for about 1 minute.
- Add lime juice and stir-fry noodles till dry and slightly charred.
- Garnish it with the cooked mutton or lamb slices, a limau kasturi half, sliced fresh red chilies, fried shallots, chopped lettuce, or a wedge of kaffir or key lime.