Indian Pasta Salad Recipe
|Indian Pasta Salad Recipe|
|Rating||6.4 / 10 (5 votes)|
- 3 Tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 10 ounces thin Vermicelli
- 8 ounces thin Green Beans (stemmed)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup chopped Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Asafetida
- 1½ cups Water
- 1 cup toasted Cashews
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
How to make Indian Pasta Salad:
- Combine water, ½ cup cashews, and lemon juice in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Heat ghee in a saucepan.
- Crackle mustard seeds and stir in asafetida.
- Add tomatoes, chili powder, and cashew paste. Stir well and remove from heat.
- Boil water in a large pot, along with some salt.
- Add green beans and boil until just tender.
- Stir in vermicelli and cook for about 2 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Cook pasta as instructed on the package, until tender but firm.
- Drain the pasta and add to the cashew mixture in the saucepan.
- Add the drained green beans and vermicelli.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Mix gently.
- Stir in cilantro and garnish with the remaining ½ cup cashews.
- Serve thereafter.