Photo Credit: http://maneadige.blogspot.in/2010/01/jhunka.html
||10 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 1 cup Gram Flour/ Besan
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 3-4 Green Chilies (chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- ¼ tbsp Red Chili Powder
- ¼ tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- A pinch of Asafetida
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 glasses Water
How to make Jhunka:
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add garlic and onion. Saute until the onions turn light brown.
- Add turmeric and green chilies.
- Add tomatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the water and rest of the ingredients, stirring continuously.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove the cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with steamed rice.