Kadala Payasam Recipe
Photo Credit: http://pranithworld.blogspot.in/2010/05/kadalapradhaman-payasamkheer_06.html
|Kadala Payasam Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ¾ Cup Bengal Gram
- 6 tbsp Ghee
- 4 Green Cardamoms
- 2 cups Milk
- 12 Cashew Nuts
- ½ pinch Edible Camphor
How to make Kadala Payasam:
- Take pan add dal roast it until it becomes brown.
- Then wash and soak it for 10 min. Keep it aside.
- In a mixer add cardamom, sugar and make a powder.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee and fry the cashew nuts to a light brown color.
- Pressure cook the dal in one cup water and one cup milk and lightly mash it.
- Boil the remaining milk with the sugar and the cooked dal.
- Add the ghee and keep moving until it becomes medium thick.
- Now garnish with cardamom powder and cashew nuts.