Kaddu Ka Dalcha Recipe
Photo Credit: http://chowdersingh.com/recipe/kaddu-ka-dalcha-recipe/
|Kaddu Ka Dalcha Recipe|
||7.4 / 10 (16 votes)|
- 1 Medium sized kaddu (pumpkin)
- 250 gms Chanay ki dal
- 250 gms Tomatoes
- 150 gms Cooking oil
- 2 Onions
- 2 tsp Red chilly powder
- 50 gm Tamarind
- 3 gm Shiazira, grounded
- 1 Katta kotmir
- 1 Katta kariapak
- 10 Green chilies, chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 5 gm Dalchini (cinnamon)
- 5 gm Grounded eaichi
- 2 tsp Powdered jaggery
- Salt to taste
How to make Kaddu Ka Dalcha:
- Wash and cut the bottle gourd (kaddu) into pieces.
- Dip the tamarind in a cup of water & squeeze to prepare sour tamarind water.
- After washing the chana dal, boil it properly.
- Grind it to paste. Add the tamarind water along with 2 glasses of water.
- Keep the broth ready.
- Fry chopped onion and kaddu in oil.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, red chilly powder, haldi and salt according to taste.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Pour water and cook tomatoes & kaddu properly.
- Add the Broth of the chana dal to the kaddu mixture followed by sprinkle of turmeric, dalchini, elaichi, and shiazira.
- After this, add kariapak, green chillies, jaggery powder & kotmir.
- Boil it for few minutes.
- Now Pumpkin Dalcha is ready to serve.