Kafta w Batata Recipe
|Kafta w Batata Recipe|
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
- 500 g Lean Lamb (minced)
- 1 cup Parsley (chopped)
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp All-spice
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Mustard
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 big Potatoes (peeled and cut in medium, rounded slices)
- 1 big Onion (sliced in medium rings)
- 1 big Tomato (sliced in medium rings)
- 1-2 cups Tomato Sauce
- Vegetable Oil (for frying the potatoes)
- 1 tsp Flour
- Butter (for greasing)
How to make Kafta w Batata:
- In a large mixing bowl, mix minced lamb, parsley, onion, all-spice, egg, mustard and salt together and let them sit for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and half-fry the potatoes.
- Remove them and drain the oil on paper towel.
- Remove the meat from the refrigerator and form patties out of it.
- Place a non-stick pan on fire and slightly cook the patties and keep in a separate dish.
- Mix the tomato sauce with flour.
- Grease an oven dish with butter.
- Place layers in this order: meat, potatoes, sliced onion, sliced tomato and finally the tomato sauce.
- Bake for half an hour at 375°F, till the sauce is cooked along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve hot.