|Rating||9.2 / 10 (42 votes)|
- 2 liters Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Citric acid
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Chopped Nuts (pista, almonds)
How to make Kalakand:
- Dissolve citric acid in water.
- Boil 1 litre of milk in a pan.
- Add citric acid solution as it comes to boil.
- Once the chenna settles, sieve through muslin cloth, press out excess water, take in a plate and press down.
- Now put the remaining milk to boil.
- Add cheena and boil till it turns thick
- Now add sugar and cook till the mixture turns lumpy.
- Spread it over a greased plate, allow to cool and sprinkle chopped nuts.
- Once set, cut it into square pieces and serve.