|Preparation Time||15 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||30 Minutes|
- 1 raw Kerala Banana (Nendra pazham) or 2 green Plantains (medium size)
- 200 g Yam
- !/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 cup Curd/ Yogurt (sour)
- Salt to taste
For Masala Paste
- 1 cup Coconut (grated)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Pepper Corns
- 6 Green Chilies
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- Curry Leaves (few)
How to make Kalan:
- Firstly, cut banana and yam into small cubes.
- Boil them, with turmeric and pepper powder added to the water. Add salt to it.
- Grind all the masala ingredients to a paste.
- Add this masala to cooked vegetables.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add beaten curd, stir well and remove from heat.
- For seasoning, heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add this seasoning to the Kalan.
- Sere hot.
Suggestions:Serve witn plain rice or roti.