Kamal Kakdi Recipe
|Kamal Kakdi Recipe|
|Rating||9.0 / 10 (3 votes)|
- 2 Medium pieces lotus stem, cut and peeled into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 Finely chopped onion
- 2 Chopped tomatoes
- 1 Inch piece ginger, chopped
- 8-10 Garlic flakes, crushed
- 2-3 Green chillies-deseeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp Amchoor
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 3/4 Cup well beaten curd
- Water as required
- Salt as required
Sabut Garam Masala:
- 1 Moti elaichi
- 1 Inch stick cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seed
- 2-3 Laung
- 2 Dry red chillies
- 1/2 tsp Pepper corns
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp Black cumin seeds
How to make Kamal Kakdi:
- Take a skillet and add 4-5 cups water with 2 tsp salt and 2 tsp lemon juice to it, bring it to a boil.
- Add the lotus stem to it and cover it.
- Simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Drain out the liquid, set aside.
- Now heat ghee in a pan and add all the sabut garam masala to it, fry it for about 1 minute.
- Combine the chopped onions with it and cook until light brown.
- Add ginger, green chillies, mirch masala and garlic to it and cook for a minute.
- Beat the curd and add it to the onions, keep stirring.
- Cook it for about 5 to 7 minutes until the ghee separates.
- Combine the chopped tomatoes, salt, garam masala and amchoor with it and fry until the ghee separates.
- Add 1/2 cup water to it and bring it to a boil.
- Add the boiled pieces of lotus stem and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.