Photo Credit: http://kuntoplus.fi/terveellisia-resepteja/aamiainen/erilainen-ruispuuro
||5 Minutes |
||85 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 2 cups Cranberry Juice
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tbsp cold Water
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- A dash of Salt (to taste)
- 1 cup Rye Flour
- 2 tbsp dark Corn Syrup
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
How to make Karpaloruispuuro:
- Mix together cranberry juice, 2 cups of water, sugar, salt and rye flour in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Boil the mixture and cook for 10 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Cover the saucepan and reduce the flame to low. Cook for another 45 to 60 minutes till the mixture has thickened and got a glossy appearance.
- Add in the corn syrup.
- Combine cornstarch and 2 tbsp of cold water. Stir to dissolve the cornstarch.
- Add this to the pudding.
- Boil the pudding again and cook for further 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the pudding into a serving dish and cover it.
- Sprinkle granulated sugar and serve.