Kashmiri Pulao Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.jeyashriskitchen.com/2012/12/kashmiri-pulao-recipe-kashmiri-pulao.html
|Kashmiri Pulao Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||8.5 / 10 (14 votes)|
- 2 cup Long Grain Rice (basmati)
- 2 cup Milk
- ½ cup Cream Beaten Smooth
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 Cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 3 Cardamoms
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 cup Canned Mixed Fruit, chopped and drained
- 2 - 3 Edible Rose Petals
How to make Kashmiri Pulao:
- Wash rice and soak it for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meanwhile take a bowl and mix milk, cream, sugar and salt in it.
- Drain rice and keep it aside.
- Now, take a pan and heat ghee in it. Put cumin seeds, cinnamon, bay leaf, cardamoms and cloves in it.
- When the seeds start to crackle, add rice and fry in ghee for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and cream mixture to it along with ½ cup water and bring it to boil. When boiled, simmer the flame, cover it with lid and let it cook.
- Make sure that the rice is not overcooked and it can be separated too.
- Now, gently mix it in drained fruit and sprinkle finely broken rose petals over it.
- Serve it hot with dal.