Indian Recipes : Kathal Biryani Recipe
Kathal Biryani is a delectable rice recipe. Learn how to make/prepare Jack Fruit Biryani by following this easy recipe.
Kathal Biryani Recipe
• 1 tsp Cumin seeds
• 1/4 Cup onions, grated
• 1 tsp Garlic-ginger paste
• 1/2 kg Kathal, peeled, sliced and deep fried
• 1 tbsp Coriander powder
• 1/2 tsp Garam masala
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
• 2 tsp Salt (or to taste)
• 1/2 tsp Chili powder (or to taste)
• 1 tsp Green chilies, chopped fine
• 1 tsp Lemon juice (or to taste)
• 1 Cup rice, boiled to almost done
• 1/2 Cup coriander leaves
• 2 tbsp Oil How to make Kathal Biryani:
• Heat oil and add cumin seeds.
• Add onions and garlic-ginger paste. Sauté till golden brown.
• Add kathal and stir fry over low heat till done.
• Add all spices, salt and green chilies. Mix well.
• Cover and cook for about 5 minutes and mix in the lemon juice and half the coriander.
• Remove half the vegetables and layer with half the rice.
• Cover with the rest of the vegetable mixture and then, rice again.
• Put on low heat, cover and let cook for 10 minutes or so.
• Serve, garnished with the coriander.
• Kathal Biryani is ready.
Can layering of rice and ready vegetable be done in a vessel like bowl or open coocker? and can I cook in the same for last 10 minutes?
Submitted by: satyendra gupta
posted : 03-Aug-2010 04:14 AM
yes rice is boiled, Kathal is peeled, sliced and deep fried
and you have to make layers of vegetable mixture and rice, twice
Submitted by: mansi
posted : 20-Jun-2009 12:04 AM
How can we use this rice in recipe?
Rice are boiled or wet, kathal are boiled or not. Please clear this problem
Submitted by: RASHI
posted : 20-Jun-2009 12:00 AM
Recipe of the Month
Gujia is a popular sweet dish of north India. Gujia recipe is associated with...