Kerala Chicken Masala Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.supernovafoods.com/single-product.php?product_id=13
|Kerala Chicken Masala Recipe|
||25 Minutes |
||50 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 4 Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 whole Chicken (chopped)
- 10 Red Chilies (finely grinned)
- ½ tsp Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds (finely grinned)
- 2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 50 gm Garlic Paste
- 5 Cloves (crushed)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (crushed)
- 100 gm Shallot (chopped in cube)
- 5 Green Chilies (slit in the middle)
- 1 strand Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
How to make Kerala Chicken Masala:
- Take a heavy bottom saucepan and place it at a medium heat then pour oil into it.
- Add the green chilies and fry it for a minute.
- To it now add turmeric, fennel, red chili, cloves, ginger, garlic and cinnamon.
- Stir fry for five minutes or when it smells aromatic.
- Mix the shallot and stir for three minutes then add the tomatoes with salt.
- For seven minutes stir it fry then add the chicken pieces.
- Pour water after stirring it for ten minutes then lower the flame and tight seal the saucepan.
- Fifteen minutes later open the lid and stir the chicken then cover it for another ten minutes or when it is tender.
- Turn off the flame when the meat is cooked and appears dry.
Best serve it with roti, pulao, veg-briyani or rice.