Kesari Halwa Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.gogirlies.com/rava-kesari-suji-ka-halwa-semolina-fudge-recipe
|Kesari Halwa Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||9.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 1 cup Rava (Semolina)
- 1½ cup Sugar
- 3 cups Milk
- Pinch of Saffron (Kesar)
- 1 cup Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 10 Cashews (Kaju)
- 1 tbsp Raisins (Kishmish)
- Pinch of Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
How to make Kesari Halwa:
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan and fry cashews and raisins. Keep it to the side.
- Put more ghee in the pan and stir-fry rava until it turns brown.
- Boil milk in another pan. Mix in fried rava and cook it stirring for 5 minutes.
- Stir in sugar followed by saffron, cardamom powder, cashews and raisins.
- Keep adding ghee in little quantity while stirring continuously, until it becomes solid and comes without sticking to the pan.
- Serve hot.