Khakra Saag Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.bawarchi.com/recipe/khakra-saag-oesbGPifdahbe.html
|Khakra Saag Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||17 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 4 Khakras (small, thick)
- 1 Papad
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp red Chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- 4-5 Curry leaves
- 1-1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
How to make Khakra Saag:
- Split the khakras and papads into 1 inch pieces approximately.
- Put oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves, and allow them to splutter.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder, salt and water.
- Allow the water to boil. When the water starts boiling, add the papad pieces and the khakras.
- Cook on slow heat, till the papads and khakras become soft.
- Cook it for some time till the water is soaked. Keep a little gravy to taste better. It should be soggy to eat.
- Add lemon juice and fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
Serve it hot with rice and roti.