Khattey Karele Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.freeindianrecipes.com/vegetarian-recipes/khatte-karele.html
|Khattey Karele Recipe|
||60 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||9.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 4 Karela (Bitter Gourd)
- 1 cup Coconut (grated)
- 1 tbsp Jaggery Powder
- 3 tbsp Tamarind Pulp (Imli pulp)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 4 Red Chilies (dry)
- Salt to taste
How to make Khattey Karele:
- First, slit karelas horizontally and remove the seeds.
- Chop them into big enough pieces.
- Add salt and mix the karelas well. Set them aside for an hour.
- Heat the oil in pan and roast sesame seeds until they splutter.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Heat one teaspoon oil in kadai and add coriander and cumin seeds to it.
- Next add red chilies and fry for a minute.
- To this mixture, add coconut and fry again for a minute.
- Grind sesame seeds and other fried spices with a little water to form a thick paste.
- Wash well karela pieces with water and cook them in oil until soft.
- Now add tamarind pulp, jaggery and the masala paste to the karelas.
- Mix well.
- Add salt and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve hot with roti or rice.