Kibbeh Nayeh Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2013/02/06/171301501/why-lebanese-love-their-raw-kibbeh
|Kibbeh Nayeh Recipe|
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
- 1 leg of Lamb (de-boned)
- ¾ cup Bulghur/ Fine Cracked Wheat
- 1 White Onion
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp All-spice
- 1 tsp Salt
- Olive Oil (for serving)
- Sliced Onions (for serving)
How to make Kibbeh Nayeh:
- Remove all fat from the meat and discard it.
- Wash the bulghur thoroughly and soak it in water for 30 minutes.
- Run the lamb meat through a meat grinder.
- Chop the onion into small pieces and mix it with the meat.
- Add in the cinnamon, all-spice and salt.
- Run the meat mixture through the meat grinder for the second time.
- Squeeze out all the water from the bulghur, using your hands or a sieve or cheesecloth.
- Add the bulghur in the ground meat and mix well.
- Taste the meat and adjust the seasoning.
- Place one or two tablespoons of the meat on a plate.
- Serve with pita or flat bread, olive oil and thinly sliced onions.