Kohlapuri Rassa Recipe
|Kohlapuri Rassa Recipe|
|Rating||10.0 / 10 (2 votes)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- For Marinade:
- 2/3 Cup curd
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Ginger, minced
- 1 tsp Cayenne powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 1-1/4 lb Lean lamb, trimmed and cubed
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 2 Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Cup coconut, grated
- 6 Cloves
- 1 Inch piece of cinnamon
- 1 tsp Aniseed
- 8-10 Crushed black pepper corns
- 2/3 Cup oil
How to make Kohlapuri Rassa:
- Combine all the marinade ingredients, mix well and add lamb pieces.
- Keep aside for about 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a heavy pan and add cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns and aniseed to it.
- Fry them for a minute, then add onions and fry until golden.
- Add coconut and saute till brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and stir.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and allow to cool.
- Now grind it in a processor.
- Heat rest of the oil and add lamb pieces and marinade mixture to it.
- Combine little water with it, cover and cook till done.
- Now add the grinded mixture and simmer for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat and serve.