Kong Pow Chicken Recipe
|Kong Pow Chicken Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 5 slices fresh Ginger (peeled and sliced)
- 8-12 dried Red Chilies (deseeded and cut into halves)
- 3 tbsp Peanuts (roasted)
- 2 gloves Garlic (sliced diagonally)
- 1 stalk Scallion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 Chicken Breast (boneless & skinless) (cleaned & cubed)
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- For marinate:
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing Wine
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 tsp Oil
- For sauce:
- 1/4 tsp Black Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Corn Starch
How to make Kong Pow Chicken:
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the above mentioned ingredients. Refrigerate it for half an hour.
- In a bowl mix the sauce ingredients and keep it aside.
- Take a wok and heat oil and stir fry the marinated chicken cubes until they are 70 % cooked. Remove and place the cooked chicken pieces in another bowl.
- Into the wok add remaining 2 tbsp cooking oil, once it smokes add garlic and ginger slices, fry it and then add red chillies.
- Stir fry everything until the cooked smell of spices come alive. Into it add chicken pieces. Stir it well.
- Add the roasted peanuts into it and stir it for 3 more minutes.
- Pour the sauce into it and stir the chicken pieces well so that the whole of the pieces are well coated in the sauce.
- Into it add scallions and stir for 5 more minutes.
- Kong Pow chicken is ready to be served.
Serve with hot rice.