Lamb Cashew Korma Recipe
|Lamb Cashew Korma Recipe|
||7.0 / 10 (4 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 1-1/2 lb Lamb or mutton, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1-2 tbsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Saffron
- 2 Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Cinnamon stick, about 4 inch
- 1 Cup plain yoghurt
- 2 Tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 Cup of cashew nuts, unsalted
- 4 Cloves garlic
- 1 Inch ginger, sliced
- 2 tbsp Fresh cilantro for garnish, finely
- 4 tbsp Malaysian meat curry powder
- Salt to taste
How to make Lamb Cashew Korma:
- Grind cashew nuts, garlic and ginger into a paste with the help of mortar, pestle or blender.
- Soak saffron threads in 1/4cup boiling hot water for about 10 minutes, strain, keep aside.
- Take a wok or pot and heat ghee.
- Combine meat with it, brown well to seal in the juices, keep aside.
- In the same wok, add a little more ghee, if required.
- Add sliced onions and cinnamon stick, cook till onions turn translucent.
- Add meat curry powder, ground paste, and chili powder, stir-fry till quite toasted and oil starts to ooze from paste.
- Add meat and season with salt, stir fine to coat equally.
- Add the saffron water and additional water.
- Bring it to a boil, decrease the heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer for about 45 minutes, stir occasionally, add a little water if it starts to dry up too rapidly.
- Add tomatoes and yoghurt, when the meat is almost cooked.
- Cover, and simmer on low flame till the meat is very tender.
- Lamb Cashew Kurma is ready.