Lamb Feet Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.mightysweet.com/mesohungry/2009/11/25/la-sanis-lamb-feet/
|Lamb Feet Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 2 Lamb Feet (cut into pieces)
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 8 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- Salt to taste
- 3 tsp Ginger
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1½ tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Saffron Threads (crumbled)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Smen
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- 125 gm Dried Chick Peas (soaked overnight)
- 1 ½ cups Wheat Kernels
- ¼ cup Golden Raisins
How to make Lamb Feet:
- Keep raisins and wheat separately immersed in water.
- Remove the hooves and loose bone fragments from the lamb feet.
- Pressure cook the lamb feet with onions, garlic, spices, smen, oil and water for 1½ hr on medium flame.
- Mix in chick peas. Strain the wheat kernels and tie them in cheesecloth. Put in the meat and cook it covered for 2½ hrs on medium flame.
- Put in drained raisins and cook it covered until the gravy thickens.
- Lay the cooked lamb feet in the center of a plate and pour over the gravy. Untie the cheesecloth and spread the wheat kernels on the top.
- Serve it hot with moroccan bread.