Photo Credit: http://werecipes.com/fada-lapsi-recipe-daliya-lapsi/
||9.0 / 10 (3 votes)|
- 1 cup Wheat Germ (dalia)
- 1 tbsp Almonds & Pistachios (chopped)
- 1 ½ cup Sugar or 2 cups Jaggery
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 3 cups Water
- 1 cup Ghee
How to make Lapsee:
- Heat ghee in a heavy pan and then add wheat germ to it. Stir and cook till germ turns golden and aroma starts to come out.
- In the meantime, melt sugar or jaggery in 1 cup water. Keep it aside.
- Boil and add remaining water to roasted wheat germ. Stir gently and cook it till the grain of the germ turns soft.
- Now add sugar or jaggery mixture to the cooked wheat germ.
- Add cardamom and chopped almonds & pistachios to the above-made mixture.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly and simmer covered, with occasional stirring.
- Cook till the ghee separates from the preparation.
- Lapsee is ready. Serve hot.