Photo Credit: http://www.hintofsaffron.com/2009/12/11/lapsi-cracked-wheat-with-almonds-and-cardamom/
||5 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 1 cup Broken Wheat (gehun ka fada)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cardamom Powder (elaichi)
- 1/4 cup Warm Milk
- 6 tbsp Pure Ghee
- 3 cups Water
How to make Lapsi:
- Take a pan and heat pure ghee in it.
- Now, add broken wheat to it and fry it, while stirring continuously, till it turns golden brown.
- Take another pan and heat 3 cups of water in it.
- Add this warm water to the broken wheat and turn the knob to medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat when water starts to boil and stir it continuously, till wheat blends well into water.
- Now, add cardamom powder and sugar to the mixture, mix well and cook it on slow flame.
- Turn off the flame when the ghee starts to separate from the mixture.
- Let the lapsi cool down.
- Before serving, add milk to it and heat again.
- Serve hot.