Lavang Latika Recipe
|Lavang Latika Recipe|
- 2 cups Plain Flour (Maida)
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 tbsp Semolina (Rava)
- 1 cup Coconut, grated
- ½ tsp Cardamom Powder
- ½ cup Milk
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg Powder
- Ghee (as required)
- 1 cup Water
How to make Lavang Latika:
- Take plain flour in a bowl and add salt and a tablespoon of ghee in it. Make firm dough by mixing it with water.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and add 1 tablespoon of ghee in it. Fry the rawa in the ghee till it turns brown.
- Now, add coconut, milk and ¼ cup sugar in the rawa.
- Let the mixture cook on low heat. Keep stirring, until the mixture becomes thick.
- Put off the flame and add cardamom and nutmeg powder into it and mix well.
- Take a little portion of the dough and roll it out into a small puri.
- Put the already prepared mixture into this puri and close it like an envelope.
- Stick a clove at the centre, so that the latika does not open.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the dough.
- Take a big pan and heat enough ghee. Fry the latikas on medium flame till they turn golden brown. Keep the fried latikas aside.
- To make the sugar syrup, take water in a bowl. Heat it by adding ½ cup of sugar.
- Boil the syrup on low heat, till it reaches three-string consistency.
- Remove the bowl of syrup from the stove and add the already prepared latikas in it. Take out the latikas after sometime and allow them to cool.
- Enjoy the sweet Lavang Latikas.