Lebanese Stuffed Eggplant Recipe
Photo Credit: http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2009/10/lebanese-style-stuffed-eggplant/
|Lebanese Stuffed Eggplant Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||90 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 500 g Ground Lamb
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium Eggplant
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 285 g Tomatoes, canned
- 1 tsp Pine Nuts, chopped
- Oil, as required
How to make Lebanese Stuffed Eggplant:
- Peel eggplant and then cut it into quarters, lengthwise.
- Brush it with vegetable oil and keep it in a baking pan. Bake it till it turns light brown in color.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute ground lamb in it, along with onions, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nuts, until it is medium cooked.
- Remove from the flame.
- Now, make a slit in each quarter of eggplant and stuff it with meat mixture.
- Pour tomato juice over it and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Bake the prepared egg plant for 1 hour, at 375 degrees C.
- Serve hot with Lebanese Rice.