Lemon Coconut Cake Recipe
Photo Credit: http://essentialbaking.com/escape-to-paradise-with-coconut-lemon-cake/
|Lemon Coconut Cake Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Lemon Extracts
- 1 cup Butter (softened)
- 2 cups Sugar
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- ¾ cup Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 cup Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1½ cup Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- ½ cup Dry Fruits (chopped)
How to make Lemon Coconut Cake:
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and lemon extracts and set aside.
- Blend together butter, eggs, milk and sugar on high speed until very smooth. Gradually add to flour mixture and mix to combine well.
- Pour the batter into a 3 buttered and floured cake pans and bake at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted the center comes out clean.
- While baking combine lemon juice and confectioner's sugar and simmer on low heat until mixture thickens.
- Unmold the cakes on a tray and pour the syrup over each of them evenly.
- Allow cooling and spread with cream cheese frosting.
- Arrange each cake in layers and garnish with generously with coconut flakes. Sprinkle with dry fruits.