Lemon Ginger Squash Recipe
|Lemon Ginger Squash Recipe|
|Preparation Time||10 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||10 Minutes|
- 8 Cloves
- 1/2 Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Aniseed/ Fennel seeds/ Saunf
- 1 kg Sugar
- 12 Lemons (juice removed and strained)
- Rind of 1 Lemon
- 3 inch Ginger (grated to remove juice)
How to make Lemon Ginger Squash :
- In a blender, add cloves, nutmeg and aniseed; grind it to a fine powder.
- Add 1 liter of water in a deep pan and boil it on high heat.
- Now mix powdered spices and boil it again for 5 minutes.
- Mix in sugar and boil it till you get syrup kind of consistency.
- Remove from heat; allow the spice sediment to settle down.
- Take another bowl and strain the spiced syrup.
- Add lemon and ginger juice and stir it well.
- Transfer it into a bottle and refrigerate it.
- Pour it into tall glasses and garnish it with a slice of lime.
- Serve it chilled.