Lemon Glazed Vegetables Recipe
Photo Credit: https://prettysimpletasty.wordpress.com/2011/08/03/a-simple-taste-week-30-dill/02-lemon-glazed-vegetables-w-dill-3/
|Lemon Glazed Vegetables Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||50 Minutes |
- 8 tiny new Potatoes (halved), or 2 medium red-skinned potatoes (quartered)
- 1 medium Rutabaga (peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces ) (1-1/2 cups)
- 2 medium Carrots (peeled and sliced) (1 cup)
- 1 medium Turnip (peeled and cut up) (1-1/4 cups)
- 1 medium Parsnip (peeled and sliced) (1 cup)
- 1 small Onion (cut into wedges)
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Corn flour
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Peel (finely shredded)
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp fresh Dill (snipped ) or 1/2 tsp Dill weed (dried)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
How to make Lemon Glazed Vegetables:
- In a large saucepan cook the potatoes and the rutabaga in salted water for about 10 minutes.
- To it, add the carrots, turnip, parsnip, and the onions. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat. Cover cook it, for 7-9 minutes or until tender.
- Now drain the vegetables and keep them back in the saucepan. Cover it to keep the vegetables hot.
- For preparing the glaze melt some butter in a pan and add the brown sugar and corn flour. Now add the water, lemon peel, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper . Cook the glaze until it is thick and bubbly. Cook it for an additional 2 minutes.
- Now, add the glaze over the cooked vegetables and cook it for another 5 minutes till it's ready to be served.