Red Lentil Dal Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/red_lentil_dal/
|Red Lentil Dal Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
||8.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp fresh Ginger (peeled and minced)
- 1 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 cups Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cups Cauliflower Florets (chopped)
- 1 cup dried Red Lentils (soaked in water for half an hour)
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro (minced)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
How to make Red Lentil Dal:
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan, over medium high heat. Add the cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add garlic, ginger and onion. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and then chili powder. Saute again. Use a spoonful of water if it is too dry.
- Once the aroma of the masala comes, add tomatoes and cauliflower.
- Add the lentils and water, stir the mixture.
- Cook it covered for 35 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Stir in lime juice, cilantro and salt.
- Serve hot.
You can serve the dal with rice.