Lime Pickle Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.supernovafoods.com/single-product.php?product_id=21
|Lime Pickle Recipe|
- 100 Lemons
- ½ kg Chili Powder
- 200 g Garlic (peeled)
- 100 g Ginger (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Fenugreek Powder
- 1½ bottle Vinegar
- 750 ml Oil
- 3 sprigs Curry Leaves
- Salt (to taste)
How to make Lime Pickle:
- Pour about 1 glass oil in a pan and fry all the limes until the skin turns brown.
- Slice each fried lime into 4-6 pieces preserving the juice.
- Put ½ kg oil in a fresh pan and crackle mustard seeds.
- Stir in garlic and ginger and cook until brown.
- Add curry leaves, stir, and remove from heat.
- Stir in chili powder, turmeric, and fenugreek powder.
- Flavor with salt. Keep aside to cool.
- Place the limes into the mixture and mix nicely.
- Pour vinegar and stir.
- Transfer the mixture into a large bottle or container with lid and store until required.