Litti Chokha Recipe
|Litti Chokha Recipe|
|Preparation Time||45 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||60 Minutes|
|Rating||10.0 / 10 (2 votes)|
- For The Litti Dough
- 250 gm Atta
- 100 gm Besan (Gram Flour)
- 5 gm Ajwain
- 5 gm Mangraila Salt (according to taste)
For The Litti Filling
- 250 gm Sattu (Roasted Gram Flour)
- 1 clove Garlic (finely chopped)
- 50 gm Ginger (finely chopped)
- 5 piece Green Chilies (finely chopped)
- ½ a bunch Cilantro (Dhaniya) Leaves
- ½ tsp Thyme (Ajwain)
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
For the Chokha
- 1 piece big Brinjal (whole)
- Tomato 2 pieces (whole)
- Salt (according to taste)
- ½ tsp Mustard Oil
- 1 piece Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 piece Chilies (finely chopped)
How to make Litti Chokha:
- Mix atta and besan thoroughly. Add ajwain, mangaraila, salt and water.
- Knead into a soft dough and keep aside.
- Mix sattu with onion, garlic, lemon juice, dhaniya patta, green chilli and salt.
- Divide dough into medium size loyias. Put a little sattu mixture inside and make round balls.
- Bake these balls/littis in tandoor or cow-dung (goytha) fire.
- For the chokha bake brinjal and tomato. Peel, mash and mix together.
- Add green chilli, onion, salt and mustard oil.
- Mix thoroughly to make chokha.
- Serve with hot litti.
Suggestions:Litti Chokha is best served hot with a bowl of melted pure desi ghee.