|Rating||9.8 / 10 (5 votes)|
- For Filling:
- 1 cup Sattu (Gram Flour)
- 4 pods Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 " Ginger (finely chopped)
- 2-3 Green chilies (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Masala of Red Chilli Pickle
- 1/2 tsp Onion Seeds
- 1 tsp Ajwain
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- ¼ to ½ Cup Water
- For Dough:
- 1-1/2 Cup Maida
- 3/4-1 Cup Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil to fry
How to make Litti:
- Mix all the filling ingredients with sattu together nicely. Add ¼ to ½ cup water to make the stuffing moist and easy to fill.
- Now make dough using maida and yoghurt. Make balls out of the dough and roll each ball into 3" diameter in size with hand.
- Stuff 2 to 3 tsp. sattu filling in the center of the patty and close it from all sides.
- Now pre-heat the oven to 375 F and put all the litties on a foil and bake till one side is brown or black spots come on the litti surface.
- Turn over the litti and bake for few more minutes until that side is brown as well. Take the litties out and dip them in pure ghee or butter.
- Litti is ready to savor. Serve with chutney.