Low Calorie Dal Makhani Recipe
Photo Credit: http://healthmeup.com/news-recipes/low-calorie-dal-makhani-recipe/30756
|Low Calorie Dal Makhani Recipe|
||45 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 3/4 cup Whole Black Lentil (urad dal)
- 1/4 cup Kidney Beans (rajmah)
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 3 Onions (finely chopped)
- 3 Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2-inch piece Ginger (finely chopped)
- 10 Cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 Green Chilies (slit lengthwise)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Low-fat Cream
How to make Low Calorie Dal Makhani:
- Wash both kidney beans and whole black lentil and soak them overnight.
- In the morning, put them in the pressure cooker, along with water.
- After the cooker whistles 5 times, turn the knob to simmer and continue to cook for 25- 30 minutes.
- When cooked, allow them to cool.
- Take a pan/ heavy-bottomed kadai and heat oil in it. Add chopped onions and saute, till they get golden brown.
- Add ginger, garlic, tomatoes, red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder and green chilies and saute it till the masala thickens.
For Dal Makhani
- Add the cooked dal and ½ cup water (to dilute) to the cooked masala mixture and cover it with a lid.
- Stir it occasionally and cook it for 25 - 30 minutes on low heat. The dal will gradually thicken.
- Garnish it with low-fat cream and chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with chapatti and rice.