Low Fat Eggnog Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/848555/low-fat-spiked-eggnog
|Low Fat Eggnog Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups Fat Free Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups Fat Free Half-And-Half
- 1/4 cup Rum or Brandy (optional)
- Freshly Grated Nutmeg (to garnish)
How to make Low Fat Eggnog:
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add egg and egg whites to it, and beat with a mixer for 3-4 minutes.
- Heat the fat free milk in a large saucepan. Slowly stir egg mixture into the hot milk. Keep stirring, until the mixture is slightly thickened.
- Add vanilla extract to the above-made mixture. Remove from the heat.
- Let the milk and egg mixture cool a little before blending with fat-free half-and-half milk. Cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Add rum or brandy, if desired and sprinkle freshly grated nutmeg on top, before serving.