Low Fat Tofu Makhani Recipe
Photo Credit: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/special-dietary-needs/vegetarian/tofu-makhani/
|Low Fat Tofu Makhani Recipe|
||25 Minutes |
||10 Minutes |
- 500 g Firm Tofu
- 2 tsp Fresh Curd
- 2 Big Tomatoes
- 2 Onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Coriander & Cumin Powder (crushed)
- 1½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp Butter
- Salt (to taste)
- Fresh Coriander Leaves (for garnish)
How to make Low Fat Tofu Makhani:
- Take a bowl and cut tofu in it, in finger-length size.
- Take a saucepan and put butter in it. when it melts, add tofu and fry it, until it turns brown.
- Now, spread curd on the fried tofu and keep it aside.
- Wash tomatoes and put them in warm water for 5 minutes. After soaking them well, cut roughly.
- Take a pan and put oil in it. Put sliced onions in the oil and sauté, till they turn transparent.
- Now, add red chili powder, garam masala, salt, haldi and coriander & cumin powder to it and sauté for a minute.
- Put chopped tomatoes in it, along with a cup of water and sauté it for 5 minutes, again.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and leave it for a minute.
- Add tofu and leave it for 2 minutes, on simmer mode.
- Remove prepared tofu and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice.