Lychee Kheer Recipe
Photo Credit: http://aromasandflavours.com/tag/lychee-kheer/
|Lychee Kheer Recipe|
||40 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
- 300 g Lychees (roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp Basmati Rice (soaked and coarsely ground)
- 5 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Mawa (khoya) (grated)
- 1/2 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- 12 Almonds (blanched and slivered)
- 12 Pistachios (blanched and slivered)
- A few drops Rose water
How to make Lychee Kheer:
- In a thick-bottomed pan, take the milk and bring it to a boil stirring all the while so that cream doesn't form on the top.
- Add the coarsely ground rice to the milk and cook till done.
- Now add khoya, sugar and chopped lychees and stir for two minutes.
- Add green cardamom powder and rose water and mix well and remove the kheer from heat.
- Allow it to cool and serve garnished with almonds and pistachios.