Photo Credit: http://www.spiceupthecurry.com/besan-burfi-recipe-besan-ladoo-recipe-magaj-recipe/
||9.5 / 10 (4 votes)|
- 500 gm Chick pea flour
- 50 gm Khoya
- 250 gm Sugar
- 2 tsp Green cardamom powder
- 10 Pistachios, blanched
- 10 Almonds, peeled and blanched
- 250 gm Ghee
How to make Magaj:
- Combine the chick pea flour with 1/2 of the ghee and sift it through a sieve.
- In a wok heat the remaining ghee and the sifted besan.
- Fry until the besan is golden but not brown.
- Combine the khoya with it and stir on low flame, set aside.
- Make sugar syrup of one thread consistency and add this syrup and cardamom powder to the fried besan, mix properly.
- Pour this mixture on a plate that has been lined with oil.
- Decorate it with blanched pistachios and almonds.
- Cut Magaj into diamond shapes.
- Let it cool.