|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 2 lb Lamb pluck, liver, lungs and other organs together
- 3/4 Cup rice
- 1 Bunch anise
- 1 lb Green onions
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Lemon juice of 3 lemons
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Magiritsa:
- Boil the pluck and remove the foam.
- Add salt to it and let it boil for a while.
- Take it out and keep the broth.
- Cut the pluck into small pieces and place the broth in a big pot, after passing it through a strainer.
- Cut the onions and the anise into small pieces, and combine them with the broth.
- Add the pluck and the butter, mix well.
- Reduce the flame and let them boil till they are almost done.
- Add the rice to it.
- Meanwhile beat eggs in a bowl very well and then add the lemon juice gradually.
- Take some of the soup and add it slowly to the sauce.
- Repeat the process several times, beating always the sauce and add the sauce to the pot, stirring the soup slowly.