Makai ka Dhokla Recipe
Photo Credit: https://soniashashank.wordpress.com/2012/12/04/makki-ka-dhokla-raj-dhokla/
|Makai ka Dhokla Recipe|
||25 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
- 1 cup Maize Flour (makai ka atta)
- ½ cup Sour Curd
- ½ cup Sweet Corn Kernels
- 2 tsp Ginger-Green Chili Paste
- ¼ tsp Asafetida (hing)
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Fruit Salt
- 2 tsp Oil
For the Tempering
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds (rai)
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds (til)
- Pinch of Asafetida
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Coriander, chopped
How to make Makai ka Dhokla:
- In a bowl, mix maize flour and sour curd, along with ½ cup of warm water, well enough to form a smooth batter. Keep the batter aside for at least 30 minutes.
- To the batter, add in the sweet corn, ginger-chili paste, asafetida, sugar, lemon juice, and oil. Mix well.
- Now add the fruit salt and mix the preparation gently.
- Grease a 150 mm (6") diameter thali with oil.
- Pour the prepared batter into the thali and steam it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- For the tempering, heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, sesame seeds and asafetida. Fry them until the seeds start crackling.
- Remove the dhokla from the pot.
- Pour the tempering over the prepared dhokla.
- Use chopped coriander to garnish the dhokla.
- Cut into pieces and serve hot.