Photo Credit: http://www.lipglossiping.com/2011/08/recipe-makloubeh-maqluba-upside-down/
||120 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 200 g Beef (best sheep meat, better with its bones, just cut into square pieces)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- ½ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ tsp Fennel Seed Powder
- A pinch of Mixed Spices
- 1 cup Rice (American/ Basmati)
- 1 large Potato
- 1 large Eggplant
- ½ medium Cauliflower
- Salt (to taste)
- Oil (for frying)
How to make Makloubeh:
- Place a large pot on fire and add water.
- Place the meat in the water and boil it.
- On boiling, add the chopped onion, black pepper, cinnamon, fennel and mixed spices.
- Cook it on medium heat, for one and half hours.
- Peel the eggplant and potato and slice them.
- Cut the cauliflower into medium pieces.
- Sprinkle some salt on the vegetables.
- Place a kadai on fire and heat some oil.
- Fry the eggplant and cauliflower, till only half done.
- Wash the rice well.
- Once the meat is done, place a clean pot on fire.
- Place the ingredients in this order: potatoes, meat, eggplant, cauliflower and rice. Finally, spread a small spoon of salt on the rice.
- Pour in water to cover the ingredients and go about a centimeter above the rice.
- Cook on high flame and when the extra water has evaporated, simmer the heat and cook for 15 minutes, covered.
- Flip it in a big round dish and serve with plain yoghurt and tomato and cucumber salad.