Malabari Fish Curry Recipe
|Malabari Fish Curry Recipe|
|Preparation Time||20 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 Minutes|
|Rating||8.0 / 10 (5 votes)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- ½ kg Fish
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 6 Green Chilies (slit into two)
- 1 Ginger (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 2 Tomatoes (cut into pieces )
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (thick)
- 2 cup Coconut Milk (thin)
- 25 g Cashew (grind to a paste)
- Salt (to taste)
- A few Curry leaves
How to make Malabari Fish Curry:
- Clean the fish of the foreign particles and cut it into pieces.
- Take a saucepan and heat oil in it. Add onions to the heated oil and sauté them.
- Now, add ginger and green chilies to it and sauté again.
- When the onion starts turning brown, add chili podwer and turmeric powder to it and sauté again.
- Now, pour thin coconut milk, salt and vinegar to it and mix it well again. Let it boil for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add fish and tomato to this mixture and boil till the fish is cooked. Keep checking it from time to time.
- Turn the knob on low flame and add thick coconut milk, curry leaves and ground cashew and allow it to cook.
- When the content gets thick, remove from the stove and serve hot.