Malai Kofta Curry Recipe
|Malai Kofta Curry Recipe|
|Preparation Time||20 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||25 Minutes|
|Calories Per Serving||396.5|
- For koftas
- 4-5 Potatoes (medium) (boiled and mashed)
- 100 grm Cottage Cheese (paneer) (Grated)
- 2 Green Chillies (chopped finely)
- 1/4 cup Corn flour
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- Oil for deep-frying
- For gravy
- 3 Onions, (roughly chopped)
- 3 tbsp Ginger (paste)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (paste)
- 1 tbsp Green Chillies, (chopped)
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Tomato puree
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 cup Mawa (khoya)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cream
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
How to make Malai Kofta Curry:
- For the koftas mix potatoes, paneer, green chillies, corn flour and salt.
- Divide into sixteen equal portions.
- Stuff raisins into each portion and shape them into balls.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and deep fry the koftas till slightly coloured.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep them warm.
- For the gravy, boil the onions with a cup of water for ten minutes.
- Drain excess water, cool and grind to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add boiled onion paste and sauté for five minutes.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste, green chillies, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. [Sauté it for few minute]
- Add tomato puree and red chili powder and sauté on medium heat for eight to ten minutes or till oil begins to leave the masala.
- Mix mawa in two cups of water and add to the gravy. Bring it to a boil and simmer for ten minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add fresh cream and garam masala powder. Place warm koftas in a serving dish and pour hot gravy on top and serve.
Suggestions:Serve it hot