Mangalore Chicken Curry Recipe
Photo Credit: http://media1.sailusfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/mangalore-chicken-curry.jpg
|Mangalore Chicken Curry Recipe|
||7.9 / 10 (13 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 500 g Chicken
- 1 Coconut (grated)
- 20 g whole Red Chilies
- 15 g Coriander
- 1 tsp Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 100 g Onions
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 20 ml refined Oil
- 30 g Tamarind Pulp
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 4 flakes of Garlic
- 250 ml Water
How to make Mangalore Chicken Curry:
- Heat oil in a saucepan and roast red chilies, coriander, peppercorns, and fenugreek seeds.
- Remove and transfer into a blender.
- Add coconut and garlic. Grind into a fine paste, adding water if required.
- Marinate the chicken with salt and turmeric. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil remaining in the pan.
- Add onions, reserving some, and sauté until light brown.
- Add the ground masala and stir fry for 20 minutes, until it discards oil.
- Add water and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until tender.
- Stir in tamarind pulp
- Prepare the tadka by heating some oil in a small pan.
- Add onions and cumin. Sauté until light brown.
- Add the tadka over the chicken and serve immediately.