Mango Dal Recipe
Photo Credit: http://vahrehvah.com/mango-dal
|Mango Dal Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
- 1 green Mango (cubed)
- 1 medium Red Onion (sliced into big chunks)
- 3/4 cup Toor Dal
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 cup Water
- For Popu/Tadka
- 1 tsp Peanut Oil or Ghee
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds, Cumin, Urad Dal, Chana Dal
- 4 to 6 dried Red Chili Pieces
- Curry Leaves as required
- 2 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
How to make Mango Dal:
- Pressure cook toor dal, mango, onion, chili powder and turmeric powder along with water for 3 whistles. Let it cool.
- Take out the lid once the pressure is totally gone and add salt into the mixture.
- Mash the mixture well until the dal turns into a fine paste.
- In small skillet heat oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal and chana dal. Let it splutter.
- Into it add red chilies, garlic and curry leaves. Fry it for a while.
- Pour the tadka or Pope into the mashed mango-toor dal mixture.
- Your mango dal is ready!
Serve it with white rice and ghee.