Mango on Sticky Rice Recipe
Photo Credit: http://gothaibefree.com/hey-sweetness-you-are-my-weakness/mango-sticky-rice1/
|Mango on Sticky Rice Recipe|
||5 Minutes |
||35 Minutes |
- 1/2 cup Basmati Rice or Jasmine Rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Ripe Mango
How to make Mango on Sticky Rice:
- For Rice
- Cook rice according to package directions, but substitute coconut milk for half of the water, and add half the sugar.
- It should be fairly dry when you finish cooking it, without any liquid visible in the pot.
- In a medium saucepan, boil the rest of the coconut milk with the second half of the sugar.
- Keep this at a full boil until the rice is cooked, or until it reaches a thick, syrupy consistency.
- Peel and slice the ripe mango.
Arrange the cooked coconut rice in a bowl or plate with the mango slices. Dribble a bit of the sauce over the whole thing.