Mango Sorbet Recipe
|Mango Sorbet Recipe|
|Calories Per Serving
- 4 ripe Mangoes (about 3 ½ pounds in total)
- 1 cup Simple Syrup (1/2 cup sugar & 1/2 cup water)
- 3 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice (or to taste)
How to make Mango Sorbet:
- Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap.
- Wash the mangoes well and dry them.
- Cut the 2 flat sides of the mangoes, along the length close to the pit, with a sharp knife.
- Scoop out the flesh from the mango shells and place them in a blender. Set the shells aside.
- Cut the remaining flesh from the pit and add to the blender.
- Pour syrup and lime juice in the blender and puree the contents until smooth.
- Place the mango shells on the baking sheet and freeze.
- Pour mango puree into an ice-cream maker and freeze, as per the instructions.
- Remove and scoop sorbet into frozen mango shells.
- Freeze the filled mango shells for at least 6 hours or until frozen hard.
- Serve chilled.